F-1 visa eligibility requirements can vary depending on the embassy the student is applying from, but the general requirements for the visa are as follows:
- Be currently enrolled in an “academic” educational program, within an institution approved by the US Government (Student and Exchange Visitors Program- SEVP, Immigration & Customs Enforcement).
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution.
- Proof of proficiency in English or be proof of enrollment in courses leading to English proficiency.
- Possess sufficient funds for self-support throughout the entire proposed duration of studies.
- Maintain a residence in your home country (or place of permanent residence) Which you have no intention of giving up. (Being able to provide proof of this at your embassy interview is vital.)